Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Lamb and Wool Festival

Yesterday, we went to the Lamb and Wool Festival at


The event that most made me want to go was the DUCK HERDING!!


We saw duck herding once on The Amazing Race. And I got soooo excited! Because I love ducks!

The duck herding on the show was done by people holding sticks with flags on the ends... This duck herding was done by dogs cued by whistles!


Jake and I went with Jake's cousin Josh and my friend Sydney from work.

On the whole, the event was slightly less than exciting. After watching duck herding, we made wool bracelets and wandered around looking at the different animals.


I like that sign! haha.


I have seen many peacocks in my days - they let them run loose in the Omaha Zoo. But I've never seen a pure white peacock!!


We probably sat the longest looking at the turkeys. They are quite ugly. They kept all bursting into gobbles together, and they would puff themselves up like this.


We took some pictures at the little jailhouse while waiting to go on our wagon ride.


On our way back to Provo, we stopped by The Berkshire. I wanted Jake and Josh to meet one of my patients. He used to be in Josh's home ward and (like Jake) he speaks Russian. Turns out my patient was a Russian interrogator in Germany in the 1940s and 1950s. Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment