Friday, April 23, 2010

TEAS Examination


I'm getting closer and closer to turning in my Nursing Application!! Which is also tricky... because I'm trying to find a balance between being excited for maybe getting in and not so excited that I entirely fall apart if I'm not accepted...

But anyways! Today I'm going to complete two of the remaining three pieces of the application process.

From 12 PM - 4 PM today I will be taking the TEAS - or Test of Essential Academic Skills. Its a standardized ability test (think ACT/SAT type of thing) that covers Verbal Ability, Mathematics, and Science. I'm inclined to brush it off and not worry about it, as I have NEVER had a problem with standardized tests. But it's been 3-4 years since I've taken one!

After the test is complete, I will spend from 4 PM - 5 PM writing an impromptu timed essay. Which... again... I used to be AWESOME at. But AP English Junior year of high school is looking pretty far away right now.

These are two of the five or so things that are actually scored to rank me amongst the other applicants and determine who will be admitted. So here's hoping they go well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment