Monday, November 5, 2012

Month of Thanks - Day 5

Today, I'm thankful for employment. Since most of the employment in the family is done by Jake, I'm mostly thankful for his employment.

Jake is currently working 3 different jobs on campus. 

1. He is still a clerk in the Inorganic Stockroom. He loves the people here and has a good time there.

2. He is a Research Assistant. His lab had a huge paper published in Development. Here is a picture from the University's big press release - see Jake being all sciencey on the right hand side?


3. Jake is also a Teaching Assistant for the Nucleic Acids lab (taught by the same professor he does research with). 

Jake works super hard and put in a lot of hours to provide for our little family. 

I'm also thankful for the little bits of work I'm able to pick up. I don't have regular shifts since we're moving next month. But I am working on-call with several companies that provide immunization services to patients. And every little bit of income helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment