Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our (Short) Visit to Nebraska

We got to Nebraska about a day later than we originally planned (Thanks to the snowstorm). We arrived early the afternoon of the 26th. After some rest time, we had another Christmas present opening session with my family. Sunday evening, we headed out to the cabin my family had rented in Mahoney State Park by the Platte River.


I think this is such a funny picture! Jake took it from the backseat of the van as we drove to Mahoney. Laura and I just look so much alike!


The fireplace in our cabin. Kept us nice and toasty warm! I even got to light the fire one night.


This is the living room/dining room area in the cabin. It was a lot of fun. And mom made prime rib on Tuesday in honor of our last night there and an early celebration of her birthday (which was on Wednesday).


This is the view from the balcony of the cabin!



One night while we were there, Laura and I went ice skating.


It was a fun visit. And although it felt way too short (especially since we lost a day having to rearrange our travel plans for the weather), I'm really glad we got to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment