Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bringin' Home the Bacon

As I have previously discussed on this blog, I work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at a rehabilitation center in Orem (the next town over from Provo, for those of you unfamiliar with Utah Valley geography). It's a small facility, with a maximum capacity of 16 patients. We took a big drop in patients during the holidays, and for a long time were down to only 4 patients. So a lot of the CNAs took some big cuts in their hours. Up until we got back from our vacation, I hadn't worked since Thanksgiving. But... we got back the 30th and since then I have been working like crazy!! It's good, because right now this is our only source of income and we could use the money.

Here is my schedule for the last little bit:

Thursday, Dec 31: 7 AM - 7 PM (12 hours)
Friday, Jan 1: 7 AM - 7 PM (12 hours)
Saturday, Jan 2: 6 AM - 6 PM (12 hours)
Sunday, Jan 3: 4 PM - 12 AM (8 hours)
Monday, Jan 4: 7 AM - 7 PM (12 hours)

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!
Note especially that between Sunday night and Monday morning, there is only a 7 hour break! I stay till midnight and come back by 7 AM!

So far, I've survived. It's been tiring. But we could use the income and I really do love my job. Besides, after Monday I get the whole week off! And since I don't start classes until the 12th, I have a whole week to get things done around the apartment, play on the Wii Fit Plus that we got for Christmas that I haven't been able to explore yet, etc, etc, etc.

Only two days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment