Tuesday, October 12, 2010

True Blue Football

BYU has a tradition that during Homecoming Week called "True Blue Football".

This involves setting up several giant slip and slides into a mass of blue foam. Indeed there is nothing football-y about it.

Even though this is my fourth fall here, I have never gone. But Jake REALLY REALLY wanted to take me. So, despite my skepticism about the weather (it had been DUMPING rain about 15 minutes before we had to leave), we went.

After waiting in line for over an hour, this is a general idea of what was going on:


We were smart enough NOT to bring a camera, so I borrowed this picture from the newspaper.

All of our pictures were taken once we arrived home.


Jake was twisting and turning on the way down the slide. I tried to stay on my bum to protect baby. Jake also was slathering MORE foam onto himself once he hit the pool at the bottom. I was less excited once I saw how the foam there was more of a gray with grass and dirt and who knows what the heck else was in it... So I am significantly less blue than he is.







Good times though!

No comments:

Post a Comment